Job Description: Systems Architect
Port Richey, FL
Founded in 2012, Infinity Technology Solutions creates software-based solutions for large organizations within the telecommunications industry. Our mission statement is: “Empowering teams everywhere with technology!”
We are looking for a passionate Systems Architect to design, develop, deploy, and maintain software and hardware systems. The Systems Architect responsibilities include configure, operate, and maintain network and computer infrastructure systems.
Our ideal candidates are extremely familiar with CATV Digital Video technologies deployed extensively within MSO environments.
Role: Systems Architect
Location: Port Richey, FL
Type: Full Time Employee
Pay Rate: Market
Start Date: Immediate
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Matching, 401K Profit Sharing, Sick Time, Paid Time Off
This is a Full-time opportunity for a Systems Architect with a deep understanding of CATV Video Technologies. Although this is an in-office position, you must be well versed in working with remote workers, contracted workers, and various customers from around the world.
Systems Architect is responsible for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the enterprise's overall systems. Defines system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. Being a Systems Architect researches, identifies, selects, and tests technology products required for solution delivery. Establishes, implements, and documents the technology integration or migration strategies. Additionally, Systems Architect the position requires staying on top of the industry trend and new technologies for the system architecture. The Systems Architect works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge and is capable of working autonomously. Goals are generally communicated in solution or project goal terms. May provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in the area of specialization.
- Divide large computer systems into partition to allow for easy management by individual engineers
- Interface with implementation and design engineers to handle problems with design concepts or implementation
- Develop sketches, user guides and models to keep end users and system engineers up-to-date on system structure
- Allocate all foreseeable requirements into partitions to ensure minimal communication between subsystems
- Conduct surveys to obtain information regarding client needs and user domain experience
- Plan the structure of a system considering user requirements and cost-benefit scale
- Present system layout to clients for confirmation before design and implementation
- Liaise with software developers and/or hardware engineers to develop an effective system structure
- Create and conduct acceptance tests to verify if a system is in accordance with fundamental user requirements
- Modify new or already existing system structure to improve efficiency
- Maintain accurate records of design operations and steps taken during the structuring of a system
- Update project managers and other key stakeholders on the progress of project
- Conduct research to determine the effectiveness of off-the-shelf products when building or integrating a new system
- Proffer recommendations to clients on ways to ensure an efficient information technology structure
- Maintain architectural products and systems to ensure they remain efficient.
- Lead design initiatives Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable software code as required
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software and other integration verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Must be a detail-oriented, analytical thinker with the ability to troubleshoot and solve technical issues
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, coordinate with customers, and attend/lead meetings
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to leaders
- Respond to and/or add Support Ticket(s) to our ticketing system
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience working in the CATV MSO Digital Video technical environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; and/or equivalent work experience
- Must be a flexible team player who works well with others
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Domestic travel may be required (up to 50%)
- Ability to work an on-call schedule as defined
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of the industry video controllers:
- Synamedia Explorer Controller
- Commscope DAC
- Knowledge of with CATV Head-End environments
- Knowledge of CATV RF concepts, products, and best-practices:
- DOCSIS, CMTS, and applicable products
- RF Combining networks and other layer-1 concepts
- RF & MPEG Analyzers
- Knowledge of video acquisition, transcoding/encoding, multiplexing, and modulation, using such equipment as:
- Harmonic ProStream 9000 Series
- Synamedia CA/GQAM
- Commscope APEX Series
- Cisco RFGW-1D
- GQI-enabled QAM Models (Various)
- CCAP Deployment concepts
- Multiplex Devices:
- Cisco vDCMs
- Commscope CAP-1000
- Commscope VIPr
- Arris DM6400
- Video Encryption
- Synamedia vDCM
- Synamedia Netcrypt
- Commscope APEX-3000-NE
- Synamedia USRM/VSRM products
- Commscope Vertasent/SVOM
- Application Servers:
- Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco SARA
- Ateme Titan
- Ad Insertion
- Arris/Commscope XMS
- Arris/Commscope HQ
- Sencore AG4800, MRD Series
- Mediakind RX8380
- Harmonic XOS
- QAM Devices:
- Detailed understanding of IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, Routing and Switching
- A detailed understanding of video compression codecs and technologies such as: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.265, ABR, etc.
- Experience with orchestration and deployment platforms such as Chef, Kubernetes, Run Deck, Docker, Ansible Playbooks, etc.
- Integration experience with architectures, topologies, hardware, and software
- In-depth understanding of databases, including relational and embedded data-set concepts
- Ability to research, understand, and identify the detailed innerworkings of 3rd party devices to provide feedback and documentation to customers and peers.
- Servers: Familiar with CLI functions within UNIX-based operating systems.
- Fluent with internet-based technologies: Web Servers, Email Servers, Content Delivery Networks, DNS, TLS/HTTPS, Proxy, Security, Authentication mechanisms (RADIUS, LDAP, etc), common vulnerabilities, etc.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, mySQL, Informix, Oracle (Schemas, SQL syntax, Triggers, Constraints, Stored Procedures, etc)
- Experience with Amazon AWS Infrastructure: EC2 instances, RDS/Databases, Simple Email System, VPC, Load-balancing, etc
- Familiar with RESTful API architectures (client & server)
- Familiar with software development and interface with the software development team.
- Software Versioning: Github / GitLab. Experience with committing, commenting, tracking issues, branches, reviews, etc.
All candidates must be able to pass a pre-hire drug screening, as well as a full criminal background check. Infinity Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.