Job Description: Software Engineer
Port Richey, FL
Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
Founded in 2012, Infinity Technology Solutions creates software-based solutions for large organizations within the telecommunications industry. Our mission statement is: “Empowering teams everywhere with technology!”
Role: Software Engineer
Location: Port Richey, FL
Type: Full Time Employee
Pay Rate: Market
Start Date: Immediate
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Matching, 401K Profit Sharing, Sick Time, Paid Time Off
This is a Full-time opportunity for a Software Engineer with a deep understanding of software technologies. Although this is an in-office position, you must be well versed in working with remote workers, contracted workers, and various customers from around the world.
All candidates must be able to demonstrate software development skills during the interview process.
*** Multiple Openings Available. Compensation rates are based on experience. ***
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Must be a detail-oriented, analytical thinker with the ability to troubleshoot and solve technical issues
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, coordinate with customers, and attend/lead meetings
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to leaders
- Respond to and/or add Support Ticket(s) to our ticketing system
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a flexible team player who works well with others
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working in a technical environment
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Occasional domestic travel may be required
- Ability to work an on-call schedule as defined
- Familiar with MS Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Sharepoint, and Visio
- Databases: PostgreSQL, mySQL, Informix, Oracle (Schemas, SQL syntax, Triggers, Constraints, Stored Procedures, etc)
- Servers: Familiar with CLI functions within UNIX-based operating systems.
- Software Versioning: Github / GitLab. Experience with committing, commenting, tracking issues, branches, reviews, etc.
- Fluent with internet-based technologies: Web Servers, Email Servers, Content Delivery Networks, DNS, TLS/HTTPS, Proxy, Security, Authentication mechanisms (RADIUS, LDAP, etc), common vulnerabilities, etc.
- Familiar with RESTful API architectures (client & server)
- Experience with Amazon AWS Infrastructure: EC2 instances, RDS/Databases, Simple Email System, VPC, Load-balancing, etc
- Experience with orchestration and deployment platforms such as Chef, Kubernetes, Run Deck, Docker, Ansible Playbooks, etc.
- Integration experience with architectures, topologies, hardware, and software
- Experience with inventory management platforms
- Experience with mobile app development
- Detailed understanding of IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, Routing and Switching
- Knowledge of with CableTV Head-End environments:
- Video Controllers: Cisco DNCS/EC, Motorola DAC
- RF concepts (QAM, DOCSIS, Analyzers, etc)
- Video acquisition, transcoding/encoding, multiplexing, and modulation, using such equipment as: Cisco vDCMs, Arris/Commscope CAP-1000/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, and Harmonic ProStreams
- A Video Compression: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.265, ABR, etc.
All candidates must be able to pass a pre-hire drug screening, as well as a full criminal background check. Infinity Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.